We are very excited about our upcoming conference Race & Aesthetics, primarily supported by the British Society of Aesthetics. We think this is a conference on a cluster of really important issues with an impressive set of speakers, and we hope you can make it.
However, in case you can’t make it to our conference, here is a list of other amazing events on race and on aesthetics happening in the region (interpreted quite broadly, in some cases). Feel free to send me a note if I’ve missed any!
- Roma, Recognition & Reconstruction. May 14, Sheffield.
- Analyzing Social Wrongs. May 14-16, Vienna. Keynote Speakers: Sally Haslanger, Kristie Dotson, and Nathaniel Adam Tobias
- Minorities and Philosophy Leeds Meeting on Charles Mills’s The Racial Contract, with Charles Mills. May 18, Leeds. 3pm-5pm. Contact hummaps[at]leeds[dot]ac[dot]uk.
- Dance Improvisation: A Philosophical Perspective. May 21-22, Leeds. Keynote Speakers: Renee Conroy, Vida Midgelow, Barbara Montero.
- Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies Public Lecture: Charles Mills. “Black Radical Liberalism (And Why It Isn’t An Oxymoron)”. May 21, Leeds. Room 12.25, Social Sciences Building, University of Leeds. 5pm-7pm with wine reception to follow.
- Centre for Engaged Philosophy Public Lecture: Kristie Dotson. May 21, Sheffield.
- A Symposium on Villains. May 21, Canterbury.
- Equality, Diversity, and the Ethics of Professional Philosophy. May 23, Oxford. Keynote Speakers: Helen Beebee, Fiona Jenkins, Sally Haslanger, Jennifer Saul, Daniela Dover.